Saturday, June 14, 2008

8 months!!!!!!

I can't believe my baby girl is 8 months old..It feels just like yesterday I was scared crapless as I carried this fragile newborn into our house for the first time...Here is an update on her and what we are doing..

+Alison is a talker!!! She makes lots of bababa and ahaaaaaaaaahhhhhahhhh sounds!! She also has started to say dadda (which dad is thrilled about!) She also has a sqeal that is just a crack up! Watch your ears!!

+ Ahhh..she is on the move!! She rolls all over the place and has finally figured how to roll both from front to back and back to front. She makes 365* pivots around on her belly. Her army crawl is not only a crack up but is getting very fast! We think she'll figure out the traditional crawling any day. She pushes her butt in the air like a stink bug..I have to catch that on video.

+She has two bottom teeth..She loves to try to crunch her snacks with them. I am suspecting that the top ones will be in very soon. Mommy doesn't like it when she tries out those teeth on her while nursing! ouch!

+She's figuring out more motor skills - the jumparoo need I say more!

+She's a super sweet little girl. She flashes these big smiles and her eyes just light up. She is especially in love with her daddy - when he talks she just stares at him and smiles. She's getting more snuggly lately, and it's so wonderful when she lays her head on my chest or shoulder.


Food update:

I'm still making all her baby food. Still pureeing the fruit and veggies, although I'm gradually making the purees a little chunkier. Her diet has been pretty consistent for a while -rice cereal, veggies include carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, peas and green beans. And fruits are banana, apple, pear, mango and I recently added blueberries and apricots. and of course don't forget the prunes. But now that she is 8 months old I will soon add in more variety there. I just need to figure out what.

We have recently been experimenting with more finger foods. Pieces of peaches, bagels,toast, tortillas, and pizza crust are among her favorites! I have started adding in cooked pasta noodles...lets just say there isn't anything on the table that she hasn't liked. She is getting very very efficient in feeding herself..for the most part now a good majority of the food makes it in.

Alison continues to sleep very well for us. She usually has about two 2-hour naps and then is ready for bed around 8- 830ish. We are working on getting a better night time rountine down as far as reading books, saying our night prayers, and just spending some good quality time together as a family before she goes to bed. Sadly, I had to finally move the mattress down in her crib because she is starting to sit up when I go in there. All I need is a tumble out of the crib..no thanks!!

Each day she continues to amaze us as each new day brings new trick and developmental milestones. I think the smiles are etched permanentely our faces because of her very entertaining personality. We feel soo incredibly blessed to be given the opportunity to be parents to this wonderful little baby!

well that's all for now......Here are some pictures from her 8 month sitting...


















No comments: