Tuesday, July 15, 2008

9 Months old!

Wow..only 3 more months until my baby girl turns the big ONE! I think I have said this a 1000 times..but I can't believe how fast time is passing by. She had her 9 month checked up yesterday and everything went great. No shots either so it was a great visit! She weighed in at 17 lbs 12 1/2 oz and is 26 3/4 inches long. Her stats pu ther in the 25th percentile but the doctor was not concerned because she is growly proportionally and hitting all the developmental milestones.

Her are some of her favorites and developmental milestones that she has achieved...

Favorite sleeping position: Any postion that allows her face to be burried and her arms stretched out. Her tornado pictures say it all!
Favorite foods: crackers, breads, cheerios, peach yogurt, ice cream (given by her aunties), sweet potatoes, hum...just about anything you stick in front of her!
Least favorite foods: Dad swears tomatoes, but Mom says watermelon. I don't think she likes the texture..Who knows!
New foods we've tried recently: cheese! that's pretty good. Pasta. Blueberries.
Favorite beverages: she'll drink anything including the rasperberry tea that her g paw gives her. She figured out how to drink from a sippy cup on Saturday so no bottles for her!
Favorite new tricks: standing up on anything...and doing jumparoo with the jumper! I'll have to catch that one on video so you can see it...Oh yeah she also loves to cheer when daddy is holding her..I will catch that one too! It is a crack up!
Favorite toys: her bath toys, her paci, a bumblebee...and anything she can put in her mouth!
Favorite game: playing peek a boo, and making silly sounds.
Favorite person: her daddy.
Favorite sounds: She likes to make sounds like a bobcat.
Favorite thing to do: is play with her cousin Kelsea
Favorite creature to stare at: she loves loves loves dogs!!!
She overall is a very happy happy baby. She constantly makes us laugh. What she is working on now: cruising...she is going to be walking soon..Man I better get ready! Finger foods: learning how to pick up small things and manage to get them in the mouth.
Mom's favorite thing about her: Holding her when she's sleeping - these are the moments when I am reminded what a precious gift from heaven she is, I truly feel like I am holding an angel sent to earth to change my life. And I love the way she touches my face, she looks at me and studies my features, and gently touches my nose and mouth and cheeks and ears. Her dainty little fingers feel so wonderful on my face. (Lisa you said it perfectly!) Her laugh is also contaigous!

I will post some pictures soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 9 months sweet, beautiful baby Ali Lu.....
I love you

AL