Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer




We want you to join us!!!

As many of you know, we lost our sweet mother to breast cancer just over 6 years ago. Auntie Connie walked in our first family two months before mom died. Ever since, we have participated in breast cancer walks all over the country. We have not participated in the last two Avon walks (only the Komen walks) so we feel like we need to get back involved. Here's where you come in!!!!

This year we are going to be a part of the crew!! So here's where you can....


Join our crew team!!
There is no fundraising, only a small registraton fee. I am looking into it but right now it has been reduced to $40.00.

What will we do:
I am going to try to get us assigned to a rest stop or quick stop. We will monitor the station that will provide snacks, drinks, and medical care to the walkers. It is a no brainer!! Most importantly, WE WILL CHEER AND ENCOURAGE THE WALKERS! . We need you! The more of us the better.

The walk will be held September 12-13 in Long Beach. (I am giving you plenty of time to clear your calendars). It is two days and we will camp in the wellness village. What is two days of your life, when millions of women deal with this disease every day of their lives.

We are hoping you will join us in this incredible experience!!! Post me a message or drop me an email (Stephanie.gustafson at yahoo.com) if you need more information.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in it's on my calendar........
Nina

:corinne: said...

Great great thing you're doing. I wish I could walk with ya, but the dr. says absolutely no exercise yet. Boo hoo cuz I'm getting ansy. Hope you have a great time!