We are gathered here today to pay our final respect to an "oh so comforting, all loving, never failing" PEE- YAH. (Pee-yah for those who aren't familar with Alison's unique names for things is her pacifier.) I will forever be grateful for the soothing comfort you have brought me.
All my love,
Ah Lu aka Ali Lu
Well it has been just under a week since Alison last had her pee-ah! She was so attached to it that I was so fearful of the nightmare that we were both going to experience when it was time. Mandy, a friend of mine, told me that when her boys were 12 months she made them leave the paci in their bed when they got up, and then one day she just took them away. She said that they never asked for them once they disappeared from their bed. So last Wednesday, I decided to try and see what happens. I figured at best we would be rid of pee-ah and at worst it would be limited to her bed. Well after nap on Wednesday, I told her pee-yah had to stay in bed. She put them right on her pillow, grabbed her mee-nah (blankie), and we were off. Well she fell alseep on the way home that night without it so I quickly took them out of the bed when she didn't wake up and look for it. She hasn't had since. Sometimes she yodules for it, but when you ask her where it is she says "Buh bye..baby buh bye". What a big girl! I have to admit that I am sad that she gave it up because it is another thing on her big girl checklist!
Here's a trip down memory lane...





Good-bye Pee-yah!
P.S. And for those who are going to ask..NO I am not going to take her mee-nah (blankie) away from her!! Look at her mother! oops..I did just say that!
Happy Tuesday (6 days and counting without pee-yah)
7 comments:
What a big girl! My, how time jets by!!!
Good job Alison for getting rid of it so easily. Such a bittersweet time...I know since Mackenzi was so attached to her paci. Now, looking at pics of her with her paci, she seems so little in all of them...oh what a big girl!
Okay--seriously! As I was reading this post..I thought how cute ...what a clever post to bid farewell to pee-yah--sweet and simple. Then...T H E N...I scrolled down to see the pictures. Turn on the water works!!! Sitting here BALLING, not just tearing up, but BALLING over the loss of pee-yah. It's so sad! For 18+ months of her life this hard piece of plastic--an accessory if you will--has defined what Bugga Boo's appearance has been. It's odd to see her without itin her mouth. But alas, all good things must come to an end. Congrats on making it through and mass kudos for an excellent and well-written (sad as it is) post! :P
Good for you, Steph! And truly, Saige still has her blankie. Some things are just too comforting to have to give up to prove you're a "big girl"! P.S. Saige will be 12 on August 1st! :)
Doesn't that make you so sad to see those sweet newborn pictures and realize how fast time flies? Oh man she sure is cute!
Big Girl, so proud of her and you mama for being so strong....it was probably harder on you ....
And I vote for meena to stay for along as Ali Lu wants......
I'm tearing up really bad right now....I guess it's because our sweet amazing Ali Lu is growing up.......a few more steps closer to her leaving for college...lol! ugh!
Great pictures....
Love you Ali Lu and Mama
Nina
How grown up, awwww.
Post a Comment