Fast forward about 2 hours later...We had to stop at the grocery store (in the same vacinity that the Random Act of Kindess took place) to get some tomatoes and lettuce. Greg, Ali, and I walk into the store and guess who is paying the cashier in the Express Line???? YEP you guessed it...MY HOMELESS FRIEND FROM THE SIDE OF THE FREEWAY. And take a guess at what he was buying...?? YEP you guessed it...wasn't bread..nor meat..certainly not vegetables or a sweet piece of fruit. Right there on the conveyer belt was TWO (not just one, but TWO) cans of 40oz Bud Light cans! WHAT!!! I couldn't believe it..but really was I that surprised?!!
NO..because that's reality. Reality that evil is not only present everywhere, but it is concealed within things that touch the compassion within you. Was I offended? Sort of...but I know I did what God called me to do. My friend on the other hand will have to answer for his choices at some point..and boy do I feel for him right now. Instead of being mad or hurt..I was sad for him. Sad because he is leading a life of lies, denial, and ultimately separation from the most LOVING AND COMPASSIONATE CHRIST. Part of me wishes Alison was old enough to understand what had happened as it was a great witnessing tool at the spiritual battle that we are faced with on a daily basis. So..was it a RA of K gone wrong..absolutely not! Any work for Christ can never go wrong!
Father God,
I pray from my fellow brother who is lost and living a life of dishonesty and deceitfulness. May his heart soften towards you, and he turn from his sinful ways. Thank you Lord, for using this opportunity to talk and touch my life. Continue to help me find ways to please you and grow in my faith. Thank you for all that I have and am becoming!
In your name,
Amen
1 comment:
so so true! you did your good deed, what God called you to do! It is now on his heart and hopefully God is speaking to him through what you did for him! Good job Stephanie!
Post a Comment