Sunday, August 2, 2009

200th POST

There are many things in life that inspire us to try to do different things or encourage us to pursue something that we never thought we could do. Photography has always been something that I love..I love to look at pictures (any time from anyone). I think each picture tells a story of not only the subject in the picture but the photographer as well. I have to admit..I have owned a "nicer" but not the best camera for quite awhile (it was a purchase after a failed IVF cycle..a pick me I guess you could say) but I didn't have the confidence that I could do anything great with it. After Alison was born, the desire to aspire to be a better photographer just bursted. Although I have taken quite a few classes and have clicked away over 10,000 pictures, I learn something new about me as a photographer each time I pick up my camera. Someone made me feel confident that I could pursue this passion and look at what it turned into...a business! It's not easy as your work is constantly being critiqued, but I love it anyways!! Although I may never be a world famous photographer, I know I will certainly enjoy what I am doing.

Now...believe it or not here are is my favorite picture that I have taken. I know..don't be so surprised because it's not one of Alison! hehe (but there are quite a few that are running in close 2nd!) I took this off our balcony on our cruise of Alaska last summer. I was still had a whole lot to learn but what I was so proud of was the orientation of the glacier in the photo and the fact that I was able to capture the true color of what we saw. I truly love it!


Being artistic with the picure...


Ok..on to what you are all waiting for... The GIVEAWAY! I want to start out by saying THANK YOU to everyone who participated!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED looking at each and every picture!! Check them out and you'll see why!! Each picture tells it's own story!

Here are the entries...

1. Krissy....." I just wanted to tell you about my favorite pic. It's a pic I took of Austin a few weeks ago. He was sleeping but he was smiling. He just looks so sweet and innocent in the pic and that's what babies are all about! My mom always tells me that when babies smile in their sleep it means that angels are talking to them, so someone must have been telling him a good story." Sweet Baby boy!! I love the smile!



2. Melissa...Um...you entered but didn't give me a picture!!!!

2. Diana Lindensmith..."The more I went through my pics, the more I found. Thanks for getting me thinking. And remembering..."
Aunties are so special!!! What a moment!!



3. Jen.....Um...you entered....but didn't give me a picture either!!

4. Jan....."I think this is one of my very favorite pictures I have ever taken. Dana, Laci ,and I went to the beach to take maternity pictures of Laci. This was in January of 2008, 4 weeks before her twins were born." Check out her picture here.
This is one of my most favorite pictures that you have ever taken! If I ever get the chance to be pregnant again....I'll have to ask your permission to copy it!

5. Beth..... "I love what you are doing and it really made me think about all the photos I've ever taken and I have on in mind that I just love...funny enough I took it on my cell phone...its a picture of Chloe (yes my puppers) sleeping with Anthony...you can't see him b/c all you can see is his hand holding her paw ...but there is just something about it that is so sweet and peaceful...and at that moment it made me the happiest person in the world.."
Puppies and Babies...there is just something so sweet and innocent about them!! I love it!


6. Brandi Anderson....... "I posted one of my favorite pics i've ever taken.. its of Paige and my grandpa laying on their tummy's looking out a sliding glass window.. they just happen to be looking out with their heads turned the exact same way and it turned out to be a pretty cute pic:)"....Check out this priceless picture... Here...

Grandparents are truly priceless gems. I don't really have many of me with my grandparents so you definitely helped to remind me that I need capture some with Alison and her grandparents.

7. Esther...."I love taking pictures of my Great Nieces and Nephews (Yes - "great" because they are my nieces and nephews' kids - - but they really are all great too!!!) Here is one that has always been a favorite - - and part of what makes it so funny is that we were at Popeye's Chicken - - Ha, ha."
That face speaks a 1000 words!! She is adorable!! What a great moment you captured! 8. Tabatha......."one of my favorite pictures is when i took a picture of cater when he drew his first happy face he was so proud of himself for doing it. And i was super proud of him that i wouldnt let him erase it until after taylor got home from work so that he could see it." Check out that piece of art..and a very proud face... Here
The look on children's faces when they realized that they have accomplished something great is priceless! I love that you were able to capture it!! I love love his smile!

9. Coreen
I have two comments for this picture..... 1. It is speaking volumes of truth..Parenting is a tough job! and 2..Who's really in charge...they are always! I love you Jadie!!



10. Jenny Bunyea...... "I chose a picture of Julia from Memorial day that I took in my parent's back yard. I used this picture for Julia's 1st birthday invitations." Check out a very adorable little girl.. Here..She has gotten so big over the year!!

I love love the background and setting. This is a great picture and I am glad you shared with everyone on the invitation!! So cute!!

AND THE WINNERS ARE....(yes you read that correctly!)...I appreciate you participating so I decided to choose not one and not two but THREE...yes.. THREE lucky winners!!!!

Here are the numbers chosen by random.org....

#10- Jenny

#8- Tabatha

#1-Krissy


Congrats!!!

Now I couldn't possibly leave everyone else empty handed..so I am offering you ONE 50% off coupon on a photo session for you to use.

**The coupons & winners must reedem their sessions within 30 days.


Thanks for sharing!!



2 comments:

Jan said...

Great giveaway. I loved looking at everyones pictures. Congratulations to all the winners! You're gonna love your pictures!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much stephanie! that was a GREAT giveaway! your 3 lucky winners are going to have AWESOME memories thanks to you!! <3