Friday, September 11, 2009

Flashback Friday- 9/11 Remembered

















Since today was the 8th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I thought it would be appropriate to have my flashback friday honor those valiant men and women who got up on that ordinary day 8 years ago never knowning that it would be the last time they called a loved one, last time they rode the subway, last time they kissed a loved one good-bye, last time they dropped off a beautiful child at school, last time they stopped by Starbucks, the last time they would clock in at their job. With all these lasts came their first day in true paradise.

When we did the Avon Walk in New York City in October of 2006, we had the opportunity to visit Ground Zero. Nothing can describe or explain the feelings, emotions, and sights you see. Pictures don't do it justice. I can't wait to go back and visit some day so that I could see the memorial that is currently being built..I believe.


















No comments: