Monday, October 12, 2009

Not My Child



Welcome to Not My Child Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This is the first time I have done this carnival...but....

My child certainly DID NOT ask the person helping us at Lowe's check out.... "What you doing lady???" The only problem with that was....It was a guy with really long hair!! Of course...I was SO NOT embarassed!! He just looked at her as she asked for a 2nd time!! I tried to deter her attention but it didn't work so well. I was so thankful when I could very quickly push my cart out of that store! Greg said...Well it's his fault for having hair that is that long.... NOT MY CHILD!

My child certainly DID NOT answer me a very sassy voice... I tes messsging when I asked her what she was doing with Michelle's blackberry. And for those of you who need translation she said...."I text messaging!" Who's 2 year old child says something like that...NOT MINE...Ok well maybe mine!

Lastly, on Friday we went to Disneyland for Sammie's 19th birthday! We we were so lucky (and I am not saying that sarcastically!) to have Uncle Michael join us for the day. Now mind you..he hasn't been to Disneyland in over 5+ years. Well I have no clue what they were doing but we couldn't park in the parking structure. It litterally took us over an hour and almost a half to get parked.

Here's what that experience was like...

  • Aunty Laurie was driving Uncle Michael's durango...stressfull!
  • We were all getting stressed because there was no parking...there was tension growing in the car.
  • Uncle Michael was having a fit because there were no decent spots to park where his car wouldn't get hit
  • Aunty Laurie was starting to stress...

And there is my daughter in the way back seat..bugging!! Out of the blue she says... "Uncle Mikeel...rulax...just rulax (aka relax) !!! Let me tell you...it busted the tension in the car..and we all started laughing hysterically!! My child DID NOT just say that!!!

Oh well we love them anyways! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the old saying out of the mouth's babes...the truth lies.....also I think God worked through Ali, to break the tension....cause it sure relieved all the stress....

LoL

Loni's World said...

:) LOL She is such a cutie! (oh gawd she is starting with the text messaging already! ha-ha)