Thursday, December 17, 2009

Did I learn a lesson....NO!

So last night while I was catching up on my blog stalking, I came across a very funny story. Laci, Dana's sister, got locked out of her car at Target while her almost two year old little boys sat inside the locked car. It is quite hysterical...check what she had to say here.

So let's set the scene...Ali and I go to Walmart this morning to finish our Christmas shopping. Remembering the story from last night..I make sure the keys are tucked safely in my pocket! We get home from an uneventful trip (which one is always thankful for) and begin to unload the car. I get the car unloaded, open the mail, and start to get lunch ready. Alison decided a corn dog was on the menu. "Perfect...stay here and I will get them from the back friger..." Yep...you can guess it..MY-OH-SO-ADORABLE-TWO-YEAR decided to lock the back door on me!! As I reach for the handle and discovered it's locked..I burst out laughing. Why because I should have learned my lesson last night!! Who would have thought. And yes like Laci...my cell phone was on the counter...the keys were next to them...the two year old is inside and I am outside. I try and try to convince her to open the door..no such luck! I go to our neighbors who have a key to see if they are home...no such luck! What am I going to do?!?! I go through the side door to the back slider. Alison meets me back there...mind you she has fallen somehow and is now crying for me to come in. She sees me and says..."Mommy..why you out there??" Geesh..let me think..YOU LOCKED ME OUT! After some time with bribery (yes I do that from time to time..), she finally pulled the safety pole out and I opened the slider!! And all I could do was laugh..... Oh these moments! People..learn a lesson from us two...just when you think you are safe...the two year can pull a fast one on you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell us mija....what lesson????
lol

Laci said...

Oh man!! Kenzi did that to me before when the boys were first born!! I had to crawl through the window!! SO FUNNY!!!