Tuesday, June 1, 2010

300th post= A GIVEAWAY!!

Wow..can you believe this is my 300th post!! Whether you have read all of them, none of them, or this is your first one..I thank you for taking your time to see what my family and I are doing!

So before I announce my giveaway, I thought I would introduce you to our newest boutique affair. We have been officially named Four Peas in a Pod.  We are four because it is my two sisters, their friend Sarah and I! Sarah's mom came up with name!! So cute and creative..I would have to say. See it started about a year after Alison was born. I decided that since I wanted my daughter to have a bow to match every outfit, I either better start making them myself or it wasn't happening. Now to be quite honest with you, it took a lot of convincing from my family to even think of offering them to other people besides Alison & Ella. If those two looked ugly that was one thing because they belonged to us..but someone else...not a chance!  My friend Suzanne from high school decided she wanted to a Christmas boutique this past fall and she asked me if I wanted to advertise my photography business! Sure why not!! Then I got thinking..I could make a few bows and see what happens. Well I was mentioning my idea to my sister Michelle..and she was like "I want to be crafty like you and make something!" But what could she make?? Being a new nursing mom and having received an awesome nursing cover from Nana Jan  (note: Jan is the pioneering person behind our inspiration to be crafty just like her!! ) she thought maybe I could make those and see how those sell. My first thought was..."Michelle you don't even know how to sew!!" But that was the last day of that...she put her mind to it...and taught her self how to sew that week!! Since then she has begun to make knocker blockers, peek-a-boos (car seat covers over the top...very similar to Jan's version of her eletent) with matching blankets. She also offers a whole set including a car seat cover to match.  Well......Michelle got crafty and Sarah quickly said "I want to be crafty like you and make something!" So she came up with boo boo bags made out of corn, I believe, and these very adorable tutus!  Well...of course Jen couldn't be left out so she decided she wanted to make boppy covers, paci holders, and burp cloths. Like I had told Michelle, "Jen you don't even know how to sew!" And true to nature..just like her sister she taught her self too, of course with some help from Michelle. Might I add that I am extremely jealous that I don't know how to sew!! And that my friends is how Four Peas in a Pod got started!

Sarah is our administrator..she came up with the name, set up our email, set up a facebook page, and she tells us when there's a boutique that we should go to. She honestly was the driving force in getting us to "look official".

Now do I expect anyone to buy anything I make? Nope. Do I expect to make lots of money? Nope. Do I put the money back into buying more ribbon? Yep! If I never sell a thing, I would be completely fine. Alison and Ella would have bows for a whole year!! OK well enough explaining...onto the giveaway!

I AM GIVING AWAY A....

CROCHET HAT WITH A FLOWER AND BOW OF YOUR CHOICE!!









How to enter the giveaway you say??? There are three different ways!!
1. Leave me a comment just telling me what color hat, bow, & flower you would like!
 (I have almost all colors)
2. Become a follower of my blog. Leave me a separate comment telling me and if you are already a follower you automatically get that entry!!
3. Become a fan/like Four Peas in a Pod on Facebook by clicking here. Then leave me a comment telling me you did!!

A WINNER WILL BE PICKED THURSDAY NIGHT AND ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY!! SOO HURRY DON'T BE LEFT OUT!
EASY AS THAT!!

10 comments:

Connie said...

I love everything! I'm also now a follower.

Kimber said...

I'm totally a fan of 4 peas in a pod!!!

The Hamilton Family said...

Love the new idea and very cute name. I hope I am doing this correctly...I like the off white hat, with a pink and brown flower and bow. Congrats to the four of you for coming up with this.

Kalita Ulrich said...

Super cute!! Love everything i would be happy with anything!!!
Good luck with everything!

Cindy said...

I would love any one, hard to choose! Although my miss Emerson loves blue, so maybe a blue hat with white flower, that would be pretty! Congrats again on your new business, I love love love being crafy too, just can't seem to find the time!! Love ya girl!

Cindy said...

Now I'm a blog follower too!:-)

Cindy said...

Ok me again! Are you sick of me yet! hahah!! Just became a fan of 4 peas in a pod Facebook page!!

Bridget said...

How fun! You are so talented, is there anything you don't do?
Ok, I like all the bows..we can never have too many over here:)
Also, I'm a happy follower and became a fan of 4 peas in a pod:)
p.s. I'll get those pics from the beach to you asap:)

Anonymous said...

you are the busiest person i know!! k.. i like all of them, cant choose just yet.. i'm a follower of your blog AND 4 peas in a pod on fb!!

Jenny said...

1. All so cute and hard to decide: hat-white, bow-patriotic-2nd one down, flower-light pink w/pink center & tiny rhinestones OR pink/white butterfly clip
2. I've been a follower for at least two years. I love your blog and read every entry.
3. I became a fan of Four Peas in a Pod! I agree that the name is so cute, along with your products.

My mom made me that same blue boppy cover for my new upcoming arrival.