Thursday, July 29, 2010

Swimming lessons

Greg and I decided that it would be good for Alison's social-emotional development for her to take swimming lessons. She loves the water, kicks her feet, blows bubbles, and goes under water so I knew she was ready for water tots and not parent and me. Since I work at the pool in La Verne and I know the instructors so well, I thought that would be the best place for her. 

I have spent so many times checking in hundreds of kids and now it felt so strange being on the other end and walking my own child up to her class. I will admit it was kind of a happy-sad moment for me!
Alison has a very shy and cautious personality when she gets put into new environments or situations especially when meeting new people. Her first day of class she did ok...only shed a few tears, but from that point she cried for 7 straight days!  Yes..you read that correctly..I said 7! I was so embarrassed...the assistant pool manager's girl is screaming.  On day 8, Cheryl, one the teachers, told her that she was safe and that nothing was going to happen to her..and that did it...she didn't shed another tear!! We decided to enroll in another two week session because she only had really 3 good days, and we are proud to say she did very well!! 

Here she is being a princess tree
Practicing her front glides
Being monkeys in a tree..
back floats

Cheryl, Dillon, and Kristin...her awesome teachers!! Thanks guys for helping her work through some fears and doing an awesome job with Alison!!

Alison and her certificate of participation. She did a great job, but we still have lots of things to work on!!


We are soo proud of you honey!


No comments: