Sunday, October 10, 2010

B-I-N-G-O

Two weeks ago ( I seem to have a thing with posting things two weeks later..oh well), my Nino and Nina treated me to a day of spoiledness and love!! We played BINGO all day long...literally ALL DAY LONG!! It was my birthday treat because we didn't get to celebrate it back in August. We met for breakfast, then headed to the LA County Fair to play bingo. 
We got there early and got our serious bingo areas all prepped for the game!! I had never played bingo at the fair before. San Dimas Boosters sponsor the game. 
During the day the horse races were taking place. Each time the race went off the Bingo caller would break us so we could go watch the horse races right outside the bingo room. Ten horse races equaled lots of breaks...which equaled a long bingo game!! I have a special place in my heart for horse racing because it was somewhere I so very clearly remember going as a child. We would go to Santa Anita quite a few times. My mother was like her father and had a love for the horse races. Oddly enough, my grandfather, whom was the biggest horse racing fan ever, always said he was going to pass away at the races. Well, Our Loving God who loves his children, called my grandpa "HOME" at the races. When grandpa died, we never went back. So this was probably only the second time I had been back to them since he died in the 80's. The sights and sounds were all so familiar!
Ok..back to bingo....we had a great time!! I have NEVER won a game of bingo in my life and sadly I still have the same losing record. I was one number away from a $525 jackpot,  but no such luck!!
I tried really hard.....dobbing those numbers!!
and well....He was a winner!!! At least one of us was!!
I had a great time!!! It was so fun to be out and getting spoiled too!! 
Thank you Nino and Nina for a great birthday present, a great day, and all the love!! I can't wait to go play again...even if I do lose!! Love you!!