Monday, August 29, 2011

Griffith Park

Wow..
I can't believe summer is over...
I can't believe it's been over 3 weeks since I have blogged..
I can't believe school started for Greg today...
I can't believe that we have done so much that I haven't shared with you! 
 (hummm...I wonder how many "yous" are out there..so many people tell me they read this but I never hear from you!!) Share some love in the comments friends!! :)

Ahem...on to my sharing (warning picture overload..don't say I didn't warn you!)...Nina has been wanting to take the girls to Griffith Park. I vaguely remember her taking me there as a little girl. We decided to wait until Greg was out of school and Grant was here from Arkansas. We decided to meet at Fatburger and let me say..boy was it good!

They were so excited to be on outing with everyone!
The gang (except Jen and Paige...I don't know why they weren't in the picture). 
We were waiting for the train depot to open from lunch.
Take a long look at this picture..because this is truly a rarity! She was calm...I think day dreaming...but she sure does look beautiful. I just love this girl!

On the choo-choo train...

so excited for what she was seeing...
Sammie and Grant 
(aka "Dot" according to Ella)
What a cute couple!
And something so awesome about Dot is that he loves the girls genuinely so much. Ella and Alison both love him...Sammie has to fight for him.
And of course Nina had to treat them to not only one but TWO pony rides! 
Thanks to our visits at the Rodgers farm...these two girls looked like natural horse riders! 
She was excited to be on her own "Ginger"!
Of course I had to sneak a picture with this little guy!
and not only did they get TWO pony rides...they got a wagon ride with Sammie!!

Sweet Face!
Cute couple
Now I did mention the TWO pony rides and wagon ride, but we can't forget TWO trips on the carousel!

Of course I had to sneak a picture with Paigey Poo too!!
 Her smile cracks me up because she opens her mouth so wide. 
And what better way to finish the day....ICE CREAM!!

Nina and her kiddos! We are soo lucky to have her involved so much! 
The girls love her so much, and I know Gavin and Paige will too!! They are all goofy so it keeps us laughing!! 
Sammie and Nina with the kids. Truly impossible to get everyone to look at the camera! 
Oh well...I love seeing them all together!
Of course Dot wanted in on the picture taking action!
Thank you Nina for such a wonderful day!! 
We all had a blast and look forward to doing it again! 
We are soo lucky to have you!!
 WE LOVE YOU SOO MUCH!!

6 comments:

Roberts Family said...

Do you notice in the "ice cream" picture of ella ella has popcorn in the other hand! Does her mom ever feed her?!?!?!?!

Dana said...

Ohhh what fun! I wish I had a Nina too! :-)

Nina said...

it was the best day for me...I was so so happy to have been able to share this day with all of you...it was a dream come true.
I appreciate you allowing us to be part of your families and spoiling (loving) your precious babies is what I love to do the most....I will continue as long as God gives me his Grace to do so.....
Your pictures are amazing...the brought tears to my eyes...
I love you all so much...and I can hardly wait to go back so Paigey Poo and baby boy can ride the ponies too!
Nina

Kathy said...

Looks like a wonderful day! You know, I've lived in CA all my life and never been there!!!! It's now on my "bucket list" :-)

Nisa said...

Sooooooooooo cute! Great Blog and GREAT pictures Steph! Love the one of Ella day dreaming and then the one of you and Paigey Poo with her big open mouth smile! Sooo cute!

Daly Family said...

Ok those are some of the cutest pictures of the girls!!!! I love it!!!