Monday, September 29, 2008
Who needs Terminex?
So Friday was Terminex's 4th trip out in less than four weeks. Just as I was thinking it may not be necessary for them to come out, we came home on Thursday night to a trash can in the garage COVERED in ants! H@%% NO!! So Friday morning the terminex guy came out and puffed powder posion in the walls that we had narrowed down to their extistence. We also found a huge colony near the rosebush by the garage door. They had eggs and all!! He said this should do it...we have sort of cornered them. Ok..I so I am fully expecting NO MORE ANTS! Friday night..Nothing..yahoo...Saturday morning....CRAP...They are back and in the pantry for the 3rd time!! NO!! Kill them all and leave..Come home Saturday night....WHAT THE HECK??? The washer and dryer were ABSOLUTELY COVERED IN BLACK ARGENTINA ANTS! So I put my thinking cap on ( I know I don't do it often!) and tried to figure something out on my own..As Poor Bear would say..Think..Think..Think..AH HA!! I had some ant traps that Auntie Laurie had given me a while back. They were in some other cupboards that had previously had ants but I thought lets try it here. So I call Auntie Laurie and she tells me just put the trap there and leave them alone..Don't kill them. WHAT?? They are going to continue to multiply by a trillion and in the morning I will have to call in the demolition team! Hestitately we followed her instructions and went to bed with a trap outside of their exit point and a million swarming on top of the dryer. First thing Sunday morning, Greg flies downstairs to check out the mess. He came running up the stairs (I think he skipped 5 out of the 10 stairs on his way up) to joyfully tell me that there was NOT A SINGLE ANT ANYWHERE IN THE GARAGE! GOOD LORD!!! Who needs Terminex when you have a MIRACLE EXTERMINATOR WORKER at the end of your telephone..AKA..AUNTIE LAURIE. So far not a single ant in the house! yippee!! Let's hope it continues. We did find another colony under the other rose bush last night so I am going to arrange for Terminex to be there when we pull them out so he can kill that colony as well. Looks like my rose bushes have seen their last week on Redhead Way. Greg couldn't be more excited as he ABSOLUTELY HATES THEM! I on the other hand am sad..so you know what this means..SINCE I CAN'T HAVE MY ROSES IN MY GARDEN.UT UM..I THINK HE NEEDS TO BRING ME SOME HOME ON A REGULAR BASIS! Great idea..just need to convince him of that! hah!! Pray for no more ants and Call 1-800- AUNTIE-LAURIE for all your exterminating needs!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad the traps worked, I was sweatin it out at home praying that the traps would NOT fail, but another success story......
Yay.....
This blog made my skin crawl!!!
I hope you've got rid of them!!!
xoxo
OH I just wanted to have a stomping session as I was reading your email. Stupid ants! That would seriously drive me crazy!!! I am so glad that something worked and I hope it is for good!
Post a Comment