Well..I have ventured off in a new direction! Kimber (a great friend from church) and I have started our own photography business together. I know crazy!! I have really been enjoying the classes that I have been taking and have learned alot about taking pictures. I don't think (actually I know..) I wouldn't have pursued this if it hadn't been for the strong support and encouragement from Greg. He really believes that we can do well...So if he believes in me, then I should believe in myself. I am trying to find someway to make some extra money while still being able to stay home with Alison. We are going to focus on two main areas...Senior Portraits and Family/Kids. After doing some research, we were amazed at how bad seniors in high school were getting ripped off. Our goal is provide great pictures at a resonable price (which includes owning their pictures on a CD and having the freedom to print them whenever they want). We are putting the entire business in God's hands. We shall do what he puts our way. Check out our website and let me know what you think!!
www.gandmimages.com
P.S.- For those of you who are thinking (and I know you are out there!)..Gosh when is she ever going to use her degrees..Don't worry! I plan on using my teaching background with Alison (depending on schools in the future..we may look into homeschooling Alison if not I will be EXTREMELY involved in her schooling) and second..I attempted to get a Per Diem Child Life Position at Children's Hospital of Orange County. Unfortunately, they wanted me to commit to 30+ hours a week including weekends....Um..NO THANK YOU! at least not right now!!
5 comments:
GOOD FOR YOU! I hope you and Kimber are booked ALL the time and you make wheelbarrows of money! I think you will be a great team!
Good luck with the new business! The website looks fantastic! I agree..wheelbarrows of money would be GREAT! :)
Thanks for the well wishes!! I am nervous and excited at the same time!!
Laci..anyone look familar on the site?? hum...I think we have very good models!!
The website looks awesome. I'll spread the word!!
Don't feel like you have to explain to anyone what you plan to do or not do with your degree. You are doing what you feel is best for your family and that is what's important. Very admirable. Congratulations on the photography business--I hope everything really takes off!
Post a Comment