Every year our church participates in Opearation Christmas Child. I am asking for your help this year!! I am not coming with any religious implications...WE simply want to help a less fortunate child. As I clean Alison's clothes and room daily, I am reminded just how FORTUNATE AND BLESSED WE ALL ARE! Greg's philosophy is..."If we can afford to buy a new pair of shoes, then we can fill it with goodies for a less fortunate child". We have lots of shoeboxes that need to be filled (we didn't participate last year with Alison's birth and all!) I have the boxes all wrapped ready to be filled by you! :) Each box typically costs around 20 to fill (7 for the shipping and 13 big items from the dollar rack is usually good). I find lots of good things at Big Lots and the dollar racks at Target. These children are grateful to anything so it isn't a hard task to fill it up!
Here is the link for the organization if you want more information....
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/pdf/PackABoxwithLabels.pdf
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!
The deadline is 2 weeks away!
No comments:
Post a Comment