Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

As my second Mother's Day (and I have the cutest, wittiest, smartest, and funniest sense of humor for an 18 month old laying next to me sleeping like an angel) comes to an end, I can't help but to remain in awe with how this wonderful miracle and blessing has changed my life in more ways than are expressible.


Like everyone else..I too love this poem on mothers...


Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.


Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.


Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.


Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.


Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.


Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom...
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom .



As for my day..it was great! We started off by going to church, then we headed to the cemetery for a Grammie Cindy visit(pictures to follow in a later post), followed by a quick visit at Nina Linda and Auntie Laurie's house. We ate(and ate way too much might I add!) a yummy steak dinner at Grandma's. Our day finished off with a yummy strawberry shortcake dessert at Auntie Dana's house. Although it sounds quite busy, we did have a nice time. I will post pictures of today when I find my computer/camera cord. I had to use my old Nikon camera (long story) and the chord is missing. ugh! I'll get it tomorrow promise!


So what did you get from your hubby do you say??? Well on Tuesday, Alison and I got a special treat...Daddy stayed home from work (I mean was really sick....) and we headed down to Sea World for the day. What I didn't know was that Greg had arranged (thoughtfully planned out ALL on his own might I add) for me to swim with the dolphins! I know..I have THE BEST HUSBAND EVER! I was SOO excited!! We had a great day and it was definitely a wonderful and creative gift!!


Giving the dolphin a hug



Kissy..kissy

doing a dive with "Sandy"


Giving Sandy and Purina a behavior



The Elmo Ride (rode it 3 times!)














Well I am off to bed...special treat..Ali is sleeping in our bed for a little while. Better go snuggle with her before I put her back in her bed! Thanks Greg for making my Mother's Day (or shall I say 2 days) so wonderful!!


2 comments:

Loni's World said...

That is so AWESOME of him!!!

Glad you had a great mother's day :)

Kelly said...

That is so cool. I know they are just dolphins, but I have to say you are braver than I am!