I believe that there are many incidents in our lives where God tries to communicate very clearly to us on what he desires in his heart for us. Unfortunately for whatever reason, we, as sinners, either fail to listen or just refer to these incidents as life's "coincidences." I perfer (when I recognize them) to call them a direct message from Christ. It saddens me that I don't recognize these more often however, when I do..I become in awe that my Savior has taken this specific, planned, and ever so important moment to mold my heart like his.
Well last night I had one of these "direct messages." I went with my sister, Michelle, shopping last night for some last minute baby items and hospital bag goodies. Our first stop was Kohl's (by the way one of my favorite stores...which is deadily to my Kohl's credit card!). Any whoo...we had a blast shopping, and I ended up getting two frames for a bridal shower gift and another shelf because the one in my kichten came crashing down the other day. Well my bill was $16.93, but wait..I have $10.00 Kohl's Cash from my shopping spree the week before..even better only $6.93!! Greg has been working on our budget so we have been buying most of our stuff with cash. So I go to pull out my cash and dang it..I only had 6 bucks!! I didn't have enough change..so I just atmed it. Now..remember I could have just used the atm card to begin with or put it on my Kohl's charge and not have even paid attention to the cash..but no I didn't. So off we go...on to Target!! $9.56 at Target..the atm got another visit (remember I know I only have 6 bucks cash) and off we head home. As we are pulling out of the shopping center, there is this Dodge Ram, obviously broken down, with a cone behind it and a male driver standing next to it. Mind you..it's 10 o' clock at night and only the three of us girls. As we pass the truck, the man sort made a gesture at our car. So dummy me says..."wait...let's see what he wants" ( I know...I know..not smartest move!). As I roll my window down.. he says to us..."I have a tow truck coming..but I am 6 dollars short...Do you have any spare change?" Now realizing this is wasn't a smart move...we both say "no sorry" and begin to roll up the window as panic is starting to set in. The man says very kindly.."it's ok..thanks anyway". And we begin to pull forward to wait at the light..and then suddenly God said to me.."Stephanie...I have put exactly the amount of what he asked for in your wallet." I felt his presencesly so intensely, and he is words so clearly..instantly with out hesitation (mind you the light is turning green) I told Michelle..turn around. She was like WHAT?? So we flipped two u turns..and we pull up to him again...I rolled my window down and said "My Provider reminded me that I have just the exact amount you need..May God Bless you tonight." The look on the man's face was priceless, and he kept saying "oh thank you". As we pulled away..I got the urge to look back..and guess what I saw...he kissed the money and pointed to the heavens. My eyes filled with tears. My God talked to me...I listened and was obedient...He blesses me each and every day...I blessed someone else...but most importantly...I WAS HUMBLED!
Thank you Lord..For taking the time to invest effort, love, and guidance in this sinner.
My life has purpose and direction because of your ever constant love.
You have provided us with far more than I could ever need or want. Help me to take the opportunity to do the same in return for other's.
Thank, Lord, for everything you are and the love you present.
Be with me each and everyday, as I work toward becoming a more evident Christ follower.
Amen
4 comments:
....and THAT type of sharing leaves you with a feeling so sweet, it can become addicting! I had a similar experience (actually a whole month of those days) this past year that was just as sweet. Only, on this particular day, mine cost me $24.00, when I thought I was giving $4! Keep it up, it feels so good!
I love when things like that work out.
Praise God.....yes, that's how he speaks to us.....we have so much to be thankful.....Amen
I just love how God works! Great reminder of how careful we are to listen! Just found your blog by Bridget's "Don't Blink". Great story thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment