Thursday, July 1, 2010

CVAC-CVD 30th Reunion

About three weeks ago, the club swim team that my sisters and I swam on for 11+ years celebrated their 30th Annual Invitational. In celebration of this milestone, the coaches invited any alumni to come back and participate in the meet.


Let me remind all my readers that I haven't competed in an actual race since February 2001....that would be 9 years ago!! Do you remember this picture???
This was the one of the last times that my sisters and I had swam in the same meet on the same team. This picture was taken in the Spring of 1998....and here we are today...

My biggest problem is that I haven't gotten in the pool to practice since then too!! Oh boy...was I going to die! Proudly, I only died once, beat a 13 year old once, and better my entry time twice! But let me tell you..I had to take TWO doses of prescription strength Motrin by the end of the day! Pathetic...yes I know! After looking back at the pictures..I decided it would be best for your eyes and my self confidence (what's left of it) to limit the pictures! Here are a few that I thought would be semi-acceptable!
Coach Melinda has coached this team for 30 years...many many times this was the view I saw at the meets...
Just a few of the many alumni that swam...



I still got the butterfly!!



..and the best part of the day was having the best cheerleader cheering for her mom and a supportive husband who encouraged me even when I was feeling like a failure!

I guess with not practicing I didn't do too bad!! As for the 35th annual invite, 
I will be much more prepared!
Go Dolphins!




No comments: