Yes..you read that title correct...my dad FINALLY RETIRED!! His official 1st day of retirement was June 1st, but with Jen's wedding and Ella's 1st birthday it got put on the back burner till July. But hey..this way we had two celebrations in June and then something to celebrate in July. Since having a good BBQ dinner is high on his "like" list, we decided to to make all of his favorite things. Greg (with mentoring from Uncle Michael and support from our neighbor Matt) barbecued tri-tip and chicken. Boy all I can say about that was it was delicious!! My family and friends helped make various salads and beans, and we were treated by Bill with the margarita machine. We are soo thankful for all those who came to celebrate with us. My dad felt very special and 32+ years at one company is something to celebrate! Since I was so busy trying to be a good hostess I didn't get many pictures...here's what I got...
They just love each so much...and I just love that little girl!
G-pa with his girls...
This is one of my dad's co-workers. She is very near and dear to our heart because she was the 1st person to reach my dad immediately after my dad's accident. She talked to him, held him, and I believe gave him the words of encouragement to help him keep fighting. She donated blood to him while he was in intensive care, and sat day after day with us while he was in critical condition. We were soo grateful that she came and celebrated in this special occasion with us! Thank you Regina for everything and we love you!
Thank you to each and everyone one of you who came to celebrate with us!! Your love and support is priceless!! Now remember what I said in my speech...because you showed up that put your name on the list of people whom I can send him to when he is bugging us!! ;)
1 comment:
Look at all those beautiful girls your Dad is blessed with!
Post a Comment