Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Today..

I fought back tears.

Today I miss her.
 Today I miss her terribly.
  
Today she picked out a pink rose with purple mums. 

 Today my daughter asked if my tears were
 because I missed my mommy.
 She was right. 
 Today my heart ached because this is 
where my daughter goes to see her grandma. 
Today..I felt both of their love and support. 
I got lots of hugs...
and that made the day better!
  
Today.. I watched this video my family.


Today we traced over the letters on her headstone.


 ..and talked about what she like.
 Today we told her how much we love her and miss her.

Today we were together as a family.
That brings a smile to my face.

Today..I take comfort knowing she isn't in pain.
I take comfort knowing that Alison has a place to go and feel closer to her grandma.

 Today I take comfort knowing she would love Alison just as much as I do, if not more.
 Today..I feel like she is proud me.
So tonight I rest my head on my pillow knowing I love her and she loves me know matter how far apart we are.

5 comments:

Melissa P. said...

This was such a beautiful post. And now I'm fighting back tears..how wonderful it is to see how much Greg and Ali love and support you through a tough time..I know it doesn't get easier, but how great is it that you can still keep her memory present? You're one great woman of God Steph, and even though I never met her, I am certain she is proud of the wife, mother, auntie, and sister that you have become. Xoxo

Dana said...

Such a sweet post. Heartwrenching though. Really sad. I am glad you had a good visit with you Mom today.

Jan said...

What a great way to spend the day remembering your Mom. I'm sure she is watching from above, and proud of the woman you have become. We will miss our Mom's everyday until the day we see them again...of that I'm sure!

Nina said...

omg beautiful.....today, she looks down on you knowing how proud she is of the women, wife and mother you've become

JenCoen said...

Such a beautiful post, I can only imagine how proud your mother is of you. Sending you love on this day.